Sat, 26 October 2013
CW 344: Educational Budgets in Academia with Benjamin Ginsberg Professor of Political Science at Johns Hopkins University
Benjamin Ginsberg is the David Bernstein Professor of Political Science and Chair of the Center for Advanced Governmental Studies at Johns Hopkins University. The rising cost of education is largely due to the rising cost of college administrations. Employment of academic administrators has increased 60 percent from 1993 to 2009.
Ginsberg has proposed several ideas to curb education costs. He shares them on the podcast. Among his proposals: cutting tenure. He also explains how higher education plans differ from business or military strategies.
Benjamin Ginsberg is a libertarian political scientist and professor at Johns Hopkins University who is notable for his criticism of American politics in which citizens have become "marginalized as political actors" and political parties weakened while state power has grown. His assessment of the futility of voting along with his notion that the public has an illusion of control over government has caused controversy, and sometimes his explanations have been criticized.
Find out more about the Johns Hopkins political science department at www.politicalscience.jhu.edu.
Direct download: cw-344-BenGinsberg.mp3
Category:Podcast -- posted at: 4:45pm EDT
Tue, 15 October 2013
CW 343 Home Improvements & Resale Value with Tom Kraeutler Co-Host of ‘The Money Pit’ America’s #1 Home Improvement Radio Program
Tom Kraeutler is the President of Money Pit Media and Co-host of "The Money Pit," the nation's largest nationally syndicated home improvement radio program. He is a home improvement expert.
In a rapidly improving housing market, Kraeutler discusses some home improvements we can make, which will pay for themselves in resale value. This would include upgrading home efficiency and performance.
Kraeutler also shares some energy and water-saving products that perform:
1) Indoor Environment Control – Customize your interior environment with innovative new filters that are built in to plumbing and HVAC systems.
2) New Solutions for the Home & Garden – New hose nozzle technology gives you the pressure of a power washer and the mist of a sprinkler with a twist of a knob.
3) Innovative “Dumpster” - Comes to your house in a tiny box and expands to 1000 times its original size. Once you are ready to use it, you pop it open and fill it up. When it is full, you call for pickup.
4) Color Changing Switches & Outlets – Switches and outlets can change color simply by swapping in a plastic plate without screws or touching wires. Now you can have a pink nursery and then an orange kid’s room and then a white office all without ever replacing the switches.
5) High Tech Painting – Solid walls are a thing of the past and so are streaks and dribbles. The newest painting technology makes drip free designs a snap.
Visit The Money Pit at www.moneypit.com.
Direct download: cw-343-TomKraeutler.mp3
Category:Podcast -- posted at: 11:50am EDT
Sun, 6 October 2013
CW 342: Gold, Retirement & Government Surveillance with Clem Chambers Author of ‘Letters To My Broker’
Clem Chambers is the CEO of ADVFN, Europe's leading stock and investment website. He's also author of, "Letters to my Broker: P.S. What do you think of the market." His new book combines the elements of satire, annotations and illustrations to dynamically depict the do's and don'ts of trading and investing.
Chambers comes out with multiple books every year. He explains going through traditional, mainstream publishers versus self-publishing and the publishing process.
Chambers also provides his analysis on current political and economic questions, including:
- What's going on with gold?
- How and why are governments lying about life expectancy?
- Is the government trying to steal your retirement?
- Are Europeans upset by US snooping?
Find out more about ADVFN at www.advfn.com.
Direct download: cw-342-ClemChambers.mp3
Category:Podcast -- posted at: 3:44pm EDT
Tue, 1 October 2013
Join Jason Hartman for this three-part episode covering several topics, including:
Direct download: cw-341-EquityTrusts.mp3
Category:Podcast -- posted at: 11:51am EDT